Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Field research, parks, features, and animals!

This is a picture of the Reelfoot Lake Research and Teaching Center. Reelfoot is the only natural occuring lake in the state of Tennessee, and it's in Samburg. The center is used for teaching university classes, as well as K-12 field trips. From the pictures it looks to be modern on the inside, while looking dated on the outside, but as long as your laptops and microscopes function well, other things can be forsaken. The center specifically working with middle schools in the area to help strengthen the science and biology sections of the curriculum.

Great Smokey Mountains National Park  This is my favorite park to go visit and hike through.

This is a picture of Stalactite in Grotte de Soreq, Israel. I've gone of tours of caves since I was a little child. These have always amazed me, even when being claustrophobic ruined my experiences and enjoyment.

This is a phoenix, which I picked because I love the one in Harry Potter, but more importantly I love how they are able to begin a new after a certain point in time. I feel like that is very reflective on everyone's personal life but also the life of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment