Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Diary of Tommy the Tomato

March 1: Today I was looking at Tommy because I didn't feel like moving from my car, I realized it looked like there might be two sprouts. That would have made the whole thing worth the stress of me thinking I killed him. But also means that I will have to name his twin, however, I'm going to hold off on that until I know for sure if it is another sprout and is twins!



February 26th: I've moved Tommy to my car. He's been here for a few days, I thought he might get more sun and be warmer to get started. He hadn't sprouted this afternoon when I got in my car at 1:30 and I had the random urge to water him so I did. I'm extremely happy that I did because when I got back in my car after the baseball game and bot h basketball games, he had sprouted! I couldn't have been happier. 

February 22nd: Tommy hasn't sprouted yet. I still have to wait for three days to see if I killed him or not. This saddens me.

February 20th: Tommy rode back to Macon with me. His soil is really compacted. :(

February 19th: Today Tommy didn't have any extra water, but he spent the day in the dark of my room. I'm going to get really sad if he doesn't sprout on time.

February 18th: Today I watered Tommy for the first time. He kept drinking, so I gave him more water. Apparently he wasn't as thirsty as he thought he was, and spit some of the water back up. He is also riding back home with me to Tennessee, hopefully his water issue will dry up.

February 15th: Tommy the Tomato was born. He's going to be pretty and I hope I don't kill him. He's going to spend all day in my car. It's great sunlight though.

No comments:

Post a Comment